Engineered Wood Products (EWP) come in many different forms. At IB EWP we provide our customers with the highest quality, full range of solid-sawn I-Joist.
These superior products are engineered to precise design specifications and tested to meet national and international standards. EWP are used in a variety of applications, from home construction to commercial buildings to industrial products. These products can be used for joists and beams that replace steel in many building projects.
Advantages of EWP include:
• Produce a flat floor since they are manufactured with uniform dimension and quality controlled
• Floor systems can be designed to use less framing pieces which speeds up installation and can reduce labor costs
• Reduces waste on the jobsite compared to dimensional lumber
• Labor and material savings can be achieved by reducing bridging requirements
• Can be cut with conventional tools, are easy to nail and glue
• EWP are often stronger and less prone to humidity-induced warping than equivalent solid woods
• EWP weighs less than solid wood beams
IB provides high quality, deep depth products which will allow you to bid – and win – commercial projects you may not have been able to consider in the past.
IB has deep depth options of up to 24” for I-Joist that most other manufacturers don’t offer.
Whether you’ve had to turn down jobs because you could not get the deep depth products you needed or because you simply haven’t chosen to dive in to the deep end, now may be the time.
IB is here to support you through the process.
• We have team members to help you through the process and with any questions you may have
• We can seal jobs in all Canadian provinces and all US states
• Our software program will help with beam sizing, layout drawings, product analysis and inventory management
• Our Inside Support team is ready to help you build your loading diagrams, place your orders, and track them through to delivery